BECK BULLETIN

We are on a journey, sojourners on this earth. Let us share with you the highs and lows of our lives. Heaven is a sweeter place now that we have two beautiful granddaughters waiting there for us.

Friday, April 17, 2009

Unexpected Blessings

Sometimes in the midst of unexpected challenges God gives us unexpected blessings ...those things we did not plan for but are evidences of His handprint on our lives. On Tuesday I flew out of Vancouver on the most glorious spring day and I was even able to change seats (because the plane was only half full) and get an exit row window seat to enjoy the amazing skyline of Vancouver and the North Shore mountains.....


Anyone that has ever spent much time around me knows that I love mountains! and I never tire of their majesty.

You see, because of Jody's preterm labor Dave and I had decided that I would try to combine our points and book a flight down to Texas to help out for a week or so while she was on limited activity. Little did we know when I booked a week ago that she would actually have spent part of the week in the hospital and just this past Monday was given the okay by her doctor to go back to the ranch....
So I now have the unexpected blessing of spending some unplanned for time with my grandaughter.....who as you can see, loves to color!
So much fun to be had....showing me one of her 'colors'.

This morning as Jody lay on the couch she called....Mom, do you have your camera? Caily is posing....
And here she was, sitting on the box with the teddy bear, looking for all the world like she was waiting for a photo shoot to start...
She loves riding her Fire Engine up and down the hallway....
And while I wanted a cute picture of her sitting at her little table, she had other ideas...
See wanted to make sure that I had both fingers and toes on the picture! Caily has been into showing everyone her toes these days, so when I wanted a picture of her and her 'sibling' together, she just had to show me her toes again....I liked this picture of her and the 'tummy'....

Here she is folks.....Jody at 35 weeks 4 days...almost 36 weeks. Can 37 weeks be far behind? We hope not.....
Another view of Jody and the 'bump'....this truly has been an expected blessing to be able to be here and see her this far along in her pregnancy. And in one month or so, Dave and I will both be back to meet Baby Miles.


Posted by Picasa

7 comments:

On This Rock said...

Your granddaughter is absolutely adorable and looks like a lot of fun to be with. Thankfully Jody is back home and baby growing...continued prayers for this little family!

Anneliese said...

So good to see this update! Memeories of Jody being that age just came back! I've been thinking about you and looking forward to walking again next Wed.

Heather said...

Thanks for the update mom! And I just had to say - as much as Caily looks like Darin, the pictures of her on the box with the bear remind me so much of the pictures of Jods about that age - quite crazy!

Anonymous said...

Thanks for the pictures and I agree with Heather. I saw alot of Jods
Bubpa

christy said...

wow! caily is a spitting image of Jody!! SO glad you were able to go see Jody and her family and be a help to them. Hope and pray she can hang in there a little longer, give that baby a little longer to grow big and strong.

Karin said...

It was good to chat with you the other day! It's wonderful how the Lord is working everything out. Glad you posted your update!

Rachel Oberg - De Ma Cuisine said...

Thanks for sharing the pictures. I've been checking their blog, not really expecting to see any updates. I'm glad that you're able to be there with them! I'm praying from a far. :)