BECK BULLETIN

We are on a journey, sojourners on this earth. Let us share with you the highs and lows of our lives. Heaven is a sweeter place now that we have two beautiful granddaughters waiting there for us.

Sunday, October 22, 2017

Attend to His Presence



 The Lord your God is in your midst; he is a warrior who can deliver. He takes great delight in you; he renews you by his love;
he shouts for joy over you.
Zephaniah 3:17 NET)

It is easy to remember that God loves us and delights in us when all is well with our world, but when our days are filled with emotional or physical pain, our thoughts often go elsewhere. Have you ever found yourself in that place of wondering where God is in all of this?

Several weeks ago our pastor made a statement that has served as a wake-up call to me…I need to acknowledge that God occupies the space between us and let God speak to me. I need to attend to the presence of God….” As I thought about that statement since that day, he brought the above verse to my mind.

God is in fact in the midst of us! Not only is he right here, with me, all around me, but he ‘takes great delight in’ me and as it says in the NIV version, “He will rejoice over you with singing”(NIV vs 17b) God is delighting in me right at this moment, regardless of the circumstances I find myself in. He has promised to “renew me with his love”.

I need to remember that I am not alone, God hasn’t moved and I just need to be still, attend to his presence and listen for his voice. What is it that he wants to do in my life today? He is rejoicing over me so what is my response to that?

Dear Heavenly Father,
Thank you for the reminder that not only are you right here in the midst of my life, but I need to attend to your presence. I need to listen to what it is that you want to do in my life, even in this place that I would not have chosen for myself. Thank you that you in fact rejoice over me with singing and I can rest in your love. Amen



1 comment:

Anneliese said...

Amen!The Lord will fulfill His purspose for me.