BECK BULLETIN

We are on a journey, sojourners on this earth. Let us share with you the highs and lows of our lives. Heaven is a sweeter place now that we have two beautiful granddaughters waiting there for us.

Wednesday, March 16, 2022

I Am Here

 


“They cried out, because they … were terrified. Immediately he spoke to them and said, “Take courage! It is I. Don’t be afraid.” Then he climbed into the boat with them, and the wind died down.”  (Mark 6:50,51)

The day had started out like any other normal day. Just like the disciples heading out in their boat, I wasn’t expecting any surprises. But surprise me it did, devastating news that had ramifications that would impact me and my family. I was overwhelmed with emotion; a feeling of grief and hopelessness threatened to destroy my peace. And destroy my peace it did!

As I struggled with the feelings, the despair, and yes even some anger, I surprised myself. How come I felt this way? Why was I feeling so lost? What was causing this surge of emotions?

In the days to follow, I realized that I had lost my focus. God had not changed, although the circumstances certainly had. I was overwhelmed, yes, but God was still right here with me. His words to me came straight out of this passage, ‘Take courage, it is I! Don’t be afraid.’ That was the important thing that I needed to remember, that he was right here!

What are you facing right now that is threatening your peace? Where has fear replaced faith in your life? When you take your eyes off Jesus, the Prince of Peace, you are easily cast adrift in the midst of life’s storms. It is exactly then that you need to remember to keep your eyes focused on him.

 

Dear Lord Jesus,

Thank you that you are here with me, right where I am. Though the circumstances may be overwhelming, you are the one that I can look to. Replace my fears with faith and my feelings of hopelessness with hope. Fill me with your peace and help me to look to you in the midst of my situation today. Amen.

 

1 comment:

Anneliese said...

Love that promise for today and every day, “Take courage. It is I. Don’t be afraid!”