BECK BULLETIN

We are on a journey, sojourners on this earth. Let us share with you the highs and lows of our lives. Heaven is a sweeter place now that we have two beautiful granddaughters waiting there for us.

Tuesday, December 26, 2006

A Willow Tree Christmas


This was our Willow Tree Christmas! All three of our girls had mentioned at different times last Christmas that they really liked the Willow Tree Nativity Set. I decided right after Christmas that I was going to be ahead of the game this year and ordered the Basic Nativity Set right after Christmas! So this year, all three received the Nativity with Joseph, Mary and the baby, the shepherd, sheep and donkey. My sister was celebrating a significant birthday(it ended in '0' which is as much as I will say) so I decided to give her one as well, something to remember for years to come!

My sweet husband made a mental note that since I was buying it for everyone else on my list, I must really like it, so on Christmas Eve I was overwhelmed! I got the entire set with all the pieces!!!!! And here it is...sitting on our buffet, as Dave said, 'a reminder for years to come what is really the most important thing about Christmas!'

Of course it was unpacked yet on Christmas Eve and set up so we have been enjoying it ever since.....some how I don't think I will be ready to pack it away right away with the other Christmas Decorations. But then again I am the same person that decided to have a 'Winter Tree' last year until the end of January....I love the white lights on our tree in the Living Room so I took off the decorations and left the tree and lights up! Weird you may say? Not really....just someone who doesn't always like doing what everyone else does....

I had prayed early in December that God would remind me often about the wonder of Christmas this year, instead of getting lost in all the activities and busy schedules! And He did just that.....even in my gift from Dave!

1 comment:

Claire Colvin said...

Isn't it a beautiful set Doris? I have been thinkikng about getting the same one for the past three years. I had been questing for a nativity and this set just kept catching my eye. Imagine my surprise, when I too unwrapped it on Christmas morning. I don't have the shepherds and kings yet, but it's gorgeous even with the family pieces. I think what I love about this particular set is the peacefulness of it and the way they've managed to convey expressions without faces. It's there in the angle of Mary's head and the attitude of Joseph's shoulders. There's something in this particular carving that suggests that they were well aware of the miracle they are holding on to. A lovely set indeed. I hope you are enjoying yours as much as I am enjoying mine!