BECK BULLETIN

We are on a journey, sojourners on this earth. Let us share with you the highs and lows of our lives. Heaven is a sweeter place now that we have two beautiful granddaughters waiting there for us.

Saturday, November 29, 2008

First Advent


I remember well when we first got married, Dave thought that Christmas preparations shouldn't start until December 1st!! Christmas Music and all....

How things have changed.....now the Christmas Villages go up right around Remembrance Day(November 11 for those of you in other countries). Aidan loves looking at the lights and stares at the little figurines.

Dave tries to get the Christmas Trees up around American Thanksgiving. The first one is up downstairs and we have enjoyed several evenings with the lights on, sparkling and reflecting off the colored balls.

And on my door hangs my Christmas Wreath.......looking quite lovely against the brightly painted red(sure am glad I got that door painted last summer).

Tomorrow is the First Advent Sunday.....the beginning of the Christmas preparations in our hearts. I am trying to slow down this Advent Season and intentionally take time to remember the reason for the season. I am not sure if I will succeed but at least I can try. How about you?

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

I love the beautiful wreath on your lovely red door. Happy 1st Sunday of Advent :-)

Anneliese said...

Great picture! =)

Karin said...

Lovely wreath!

awomanoffewwords said...

Hi Doris, you people are like us. Only Rod gets out the Christmas music around Halloween! I love Christmas! This year will be a little different without dad but we know he will be celebrating right along with us in heaven. Your door looks lovely! I always say: you can tell alot about a home by it's front door!