BECK BULLETIN

We are on a journey, sojourners on this earth. Let us share with you the highs and lows of our lives. Heaven is a sweeter place now that we have two beautiful granddaughters waiting there for us.

Saturday, November 08, 2008

He Knows My Name


Who knew that it was so important for a little boy to have a name he could say for his grandmother?

The door opens and he comes running calling....'Miiimmmiiii' and jumps into my arms.

He needs help opening a series of stacking barrels....'Mimi, please?'

I am cooking dinner and he comes into the kitchen.and wants to have a better look at what is on the stove...'Up Mimi please?'

He is playing by my feet as he spends Mondays with me and looks up to say, 'Mimi?'. 'Yes Aidan'. 'Mimi?' 'Yes Aidan.' 'Mimi!'. He is just delighted that he has a name that he can call me and I respond.

All this has reminded me again that I have a maker who also knows my name. That song had been going thru my head for a few days when I just had to go online to get the words and chords so I could sit down at the piano and sing....

I have a Maker
He formed my heart
Before even time began
My life was in his hands.

He knows my name,
He knows my every thought,
He sees each tear that falls
and He hears me when I call.

I have a Father
He calls me His own
He'll never leave me
No matter where I go.

He knows my name,
He knows my every thought,
He sees each tear that falls
and He hears me when I call.


What an incredible thought....God knows my name and sees each tear that falls...there are a lot of tears falling these days as we remember our steps from a year ago.....

Avery and Sophie, my precious granddaughters, God knows Your names too and you are running in heaven with Him, but here on earth, God sees each tear that falls from your mommy, daddy, grandma and grandpa.

4 comments:

Karin said...

What an awesome reunion that will be when we see HIM face to face. Hugs!

The W's said...

Tears are forming as I read this post. Thank you for sharing the words of that song. Thinking of you all during these next weeks.

Heather said...

Thank you for mentioning my girls mom. And that picture of you and Aidan is just so amazing, I love it :)

Debbie said...

love that picture of Aidan and you!