BECK BULLETIN

We are on a journey, sojourners on this earth. Let us share with you the highs and lows of our lives. Heaven is a sweeter place now that we have two beautiful granddaughters waiting there for us.

Tuesday, March 03, 2009

Missing my Texas Sunshine

Because of the nasty cough that refuses to leave, I am working from home today and sparing my co-workers from both the germs and the noise of me coughing. As I looked out the window at the rain I couldn't help but think that I am missing my Texas sunshine.....not just the sun shining every single day, but spending time with Darin, Jody and Caily too. It seems that the older I get, the harder it is to have both children and grandchildren living farther away but perhaps that is the reality when we realize that our days are numbered. So I thought I would share a few last pictures from my trip.

Ready for a Sunday afternoon walk. As you can tell from the jackets, the weather had cooled off by the weekend, which made the transition home a bit easier I must admit.

On Saturday Jody got her hair cut! Caily loves playing with Jody's hair so she wasn't sure what her response would be...but as you can tell, she was just fine with it!
Here they are....my Texas sunshines!
I am missing the beautiful weather, time with Caily on the slide on our way back from feeding the puppies....
....watching her adventuresome spirit....
and of course, watching her and the puppies. She thought playing tug of war with a rag was great fun! And so did the puppies.
Three times each day we would head over to the barn where they were and spend time watching and playing with them after they finished eating.
I wouldn't doubt that my blood pressure was probably lower in Texas! Here is one last shot with my favorite pup!
Thanks for the wonderful memories!
Posted by Picasa

7 comments:

Donnie and Trudy Miles said...

These are great pictures, Doris. I hope you feel better. Thanks so much for posting. I love Jody's hair...and Caily is just growing up too fast!

Anonymous said...

Looks like you had lots of fun and brought back many wonderful memories with you!

Courtney and Jon said...

Looks like you had an incredible trip. You are always so good at retelling about your trip through your words and pictures. Thank you!
Jodi looks great and Caily is getting so big, hey?!

Corinne said...

Looks like you had a great time in Texas. Those puppies are so cute! Cory's parents just bought a male Aussie to pair up with the girl they already have, maybe soon we'll get to see some puppies like those too! Thanks for the comment on our blog, it was great to have great grandma come. She has been talking about it for YEARS and she finally came. It was fun to have uninterrupted time with her as when we go to Winnipeg there are always so many people to see.

I also wanted to let you know that as Sophie & Avery's due date approaches I am praying for you too, as you miss them and also especially as you support Heather and Matt.

vange/rick said...

The picture of the tug of war is absolutely priceless! Happy for you that you were able to visit your family; my heart always goes out to parents/grandparents whose precious kids live far away.
Vange

ps I can relate to the coughing - I'm there too.

On This Rock said...

Your little grandgirlie is adorable and looks like she has a ton of character. So fun. Glad that you had a good trip and could enjoy some sunshine...will we ever be done with this winter?

Marie Grim said...

hello beck family !

going thru many a pregnancy and many a word of encouragement from members of your family during this time... let me say ! Be steadfast in HIS faithfulness as HIS plan is good. Not always how we plan it... I know.. but good. Hang in there and you are in our thoughts and prayers. This blog is a blessing as you have been in my life ! Love ya all, Marie Grim