BECK BULLETIN

We are on a journey, sojourners on this earth. Let us share with you the highs and lows of our lives. Heaven is a sweeter place now that we have two beautiful granddaughters waiting there for us.

Friday, April 09, 2010

Counting My Blessings

Yesterday all day my heart and thoughts were with a High School friend of one of our daughters who was burying her baby boy, born still just a week before his due date. I thought of her empty arms, aching, overcome with grief.
And as always when I hear of a mother having to say goodbye too soon, my thoughts went to two special little girls that should have been celebrating their second birthday this week. We miss you Avery and Sophie. But at the same time, I am reminded to count my blessings, five wonderful little people whose smiles make me smile and who I love to spend time with!
Thank you Lord for Aidan and Jaxon, who live close by and can go to the park with us or come for a sleepover at Pa and Mimi's house when their parents head away for some time alone, who come for Sunday dinners and whose knocks on the front door make my heart skip a beat as I hurry to answer it.
Thank for Mr Kai, who reminds us that joy comes in the morning and weeping only lasts for the night.His big brown eyes never cease to amaze me, and his mischievous grins make me smile every time.
And thank you for Caily and Lexi, our Texas sweethearts, who live so far away but make me thankful for computers and weekly skype video calls. Who knew that playing peek-a-boo and reading books in front of a computer could be so much fun?

Tonight I am counting my blessings, thankful for each one, wishing they all lived here in our city, but thankful just the same that I am here, healthy enough to work and travel to visit them often, able to give and get hugs and kisses, and blessed to be able to see their smiles and watch them grow!
Posted by Picasa

7 comments:

Bel Miller said...

cool

Lindsay said...

That picture of Caily and the dog is perfection! It looks like the one that comes with your frame :) You have beautiful grandchildren!

Anonymous said...

I have thought of Heather often as we have walked this past week saying goodbye to Jonnic.

Thank you for remembering me.

K

Heather said...

Thank you for always remembering my two little girls Mom :) What fantastic pictures of all the grandbabies too! What a good-looking bunch (not that I am biased).

Anneliese said...

As we talked this morning .... a mother never forgets. That is what makes the blessings so much more meaningful.

Balanced Fitness Man said...

Very beutiful babies!

Karin said...

Oh, you are truly blessed! Adorable grands!! So touching to remember those who are in their heavenly Father's arms1 Hugs!