BECK BULLETIN

We are on a journey, sojourners on this earth. Let us share with you the highs and lows of our lives. Heaven is a sweeter place now that we have two beautiful granddaughters waiting there for us.

Friday, April 16, 2010

His Eye is on the Sparrow



There is a birdhouse hanging in the birch tree in our backyard that I can see from any of the windows at the back of our house. This morning as I looked out my kitchen window I saw a sparrow sticking her head out the little hole! She's back!

 
Every year she builds her nest in that house and we enjoy watching both the building going on(Aidan thinks it is soooo much fun to watch her going in and out) and watching her when the eggs hatch and she spends her days finding food to feed them.

As I watched the sparrow this morning I was reminded of that old hymn, His Eye is on the Sparrow, and thought about how amazing it is that according to Matthew 10: 29-31 God is the one that takes care of even the sparrows:
                Are not two sparrows sold for a cent? And yet not one of them will fall to the ground apart from your Father. But the very hairs of your head are all numbered. So do not fear; you are more valuable than many sparrows.

I can trust Him to take care of me and my family, looking after all of our needs. As I so often say, God is never surprised, never too early nor too late. It made me smile and as I walked away from the sink I was humming the song:
 I sing because I’m happy,
I sing because I’m free,
For His eye is on the sparrow,
And I know He watches me.


Why should I feel discouraged, why should the shadows come,
Why should my heart be lonely, and long for heaven and home,
When Jesus is my portion? My constant friend is He:
His eye is on the sparrow, and I know He watches me;
His eye is on the sparrow, and I know He watches me.


I sing because I’m happy,
I sing because I’m free,
For His eye is on the sparrow,
And I know He watches me.

“Let not your heart be troubled,” His tender word I hear,
And resting on His goodness, I lose my doubts and fears;
Though by the path He leadeth, but one step I may see;
His eye is on the sparrow, and I know He watches me;
His eye is on the sparrow, and I know He watches me.

2 comments:

Karin said...

Beautiful song - now I'll be singing it! Lovely post! Thanks for sharing!

Lydia said...

hi Beck's, nice blog & good post. You have beautifully maintained it, you must try this website which really helps to increase your traffic. hope u have a wonderful day & awaiting for more new post. Keep Blogging!