BECK BULLETIN

We are on a journey, sojourners on this earth. Let us share with you the highs and lows of our lives. Heaven is a sweeter place now that we have two beautiful granddaughters waiting there for us.

Wednesday, July 14, 2010

Were we really there?

It's our third week back home and I have to admit there have been moments these last couple of days that I have wondered if we were really ever away? Do you ever feel that way?  But then for just a minute I closed my eyes and remembered......

.....yes, we really were away!! Exactly one month ago we came out of stateroom in the morning and saw these balloons beside our door. Today was the day that our 35th anniversary would be celebrated by the cruise line.....
Since it was a 'formal night' it seemed even more fitting as we sat down to dinner that evening with our friends. Tonight we were all dressed up and had a place to go!!
Some cold soup in a glass somehow suited the evening.
Celebrating was fun! But we're home now....so tonight we ate our dinner in the Dining Room, just the two of us....and for a little while I was reminded again, oh yes, we were away.....and oh the amazing memories we have, me and my sweetheart!

4 comments:

Darin and Jody said...

I was wondering when we would get to see more from your trip, it looks like y'all had so much fun together and that everything was so beautiful. I love the new blog header picture, it is gorgeous. Talk with you soon...

Karin said...

Lovely photos and blessed memories, I'm sure!

Anneliese said...

Such a beautiful picture of you with T and R! Happy Belated Anniversary wishes! We had the balloons on our door too last October.

Danielle said...

ATHENS!!!!! no way!! totally awsome!