BECK BULLETIN

We are on a journey, sojourners on this earth. Let us share with you the highs and lows of our lives. Heaven is a sweeter place now that we have two beautiful granddaughters waiting there for us.

Friday, February 03, 2012

In the Sweet By and By


There it was, a picture of a friend from long ago, dead from cancer at the age of 56....younger than I am and already gone. Dave saw it first and thought it was her and pointed it out to me, and yes, it was her.

Her daughter and mine were in grade 1 together (First grade for you Americans that read my blog :-) and they were recent immigrants. I invited her over for tea, and then she reciprocated. Eventually we got together as couples and they came with us to several Christmas Banquets at church. We shared Jesus with them, the sure hope that they could know for certain where they would go when they died. At the time she wasn't really interested.....but now?

Now she is gone. I had to wonder, was she enjoying the sweet by and by?

There’s a land that is fairer than day,
And by faith we can see it afar;
For the Father waits over the way
To prepare us a dwelling place there.


Refrain
In the sweet by and by,
We shall meet on that beautiful shore;
In the sweet by and by,
We shall meet on that beautiful shore.

We shall sing on that beautiful shore
The melodious songs of the blessed;
And our spirits shall sorrow no more,
Not a sigh for the blessing of rest.


Refrain

To our bountiful Father above,
We will offer our tribute of praise
For the glorious gift of His love
And the blessings that hallow our days.


Refrain

I've been listening to that hymn a lot these days as I listen to my newest favorite CD, The Wiebe's Hymn Collection . The old hymns remind me of truths of life and faith and I have loved listening to them over and over again. And knowing for certain that in the sweet by and by we shall meet on that beautiful shore those that have gone before. I tried Lord, to make sure that my friend would be there. Now I will have to wait and see.

I don't want anyone to miss it Lord. Thanks for reminding me today that we never know when someone reaches the end of their days. Help me to share the hope and assurance of the sweet by and by with everyone you put in my path.




No comments: