BECK BULLETIN

We are on a journey, sojourners on this earth. Let us share with you the highs and lows of our lives. Heaven is a sweeter place now that we have two beautiful granddaughters waiting there for us.

Wednesday, July 31, 2013

A Bridge Over Time - Part 2



*****This is part 2 of Dave's letter that he wrote in June in celebration of his 40  years in ministry. I thought I would share it with you our Blog Readers.


Forty years can go by in a hurry but as we look back we see a lifetime of blessings.  So what is next?  Many have asked us, “So when is retirement?”   We are working through what is next, with Doris being on a medical leave we don’t know how long she will be able to work in the ministry.   

Please pray for wisdom as to her next steps and for wisdom as to the role that she will be able to play in the fall.  As for myself, I am committed, Lord willing, to at least 5 more years of ministry completing 45 years of ministry.  My plans are to look at my health once I am 65 and then see where I will head.

Currently I am enjoying the role of Associate Director of Ministries and will be working under a new Executive Director in the fall. Rick Franklin has been involved in a variety of roles with Campus Crusade for Christ internationally and has been serving as the Executive Director of Ministry Services for the past several years. 

I am excited to be able to work with him as he moves to his new responsibilities. My role is varied with the responsibility of leading a team of three others who are developing the Leadership and Theological training for all of our field staff.  As Associate Director I will be working with Rick as he gives leadership to our Council of Leaders for all of our ministries.

Thank you for being a part of this ministry team.  Without you, we would not be here.  We look forward to continued ministry together and being a light to Canada and the world for Christ.
In His Grip
Dave and Doris Beck





No comments: