BECK BULLETIN

We are on a journey, sojourners on this earth. Let us share with you the highs and lows of our lives. Heaven is a sweeter place now that we have two beautiful granddaughters waiting there for us.

Monday, November 25, 2013

Choosing Joy

There is fresh snow on the mountains and the beautiful sunshine and blue skies for the past several days have been absolutely glorious. But in the midst of the beauty I have been fighting a cold, first a head cold and now it has moved into my chest. 

At the same time I am preparing to speak on Wednesday morning on 'Choosing Joy at Christmas'. As I have been reviewing my notes, I've been reminded again of the truth of what I will be sharing....that joy truly is a choice. 

Just as I choose to daily look for things for which to be thankful, I also daily have a choice to choose joy, even when I am not feeling good. 

So today I will focus on God's goodness and faithfulness, even when I'm sick!

I will choose to bask in the sunshine,
and today I will declare that God is my Refuge and my Strength!

1 comment:

Anneliese said...

I'm learning that when I don't feel joy I need to start giving thanks and joy comes.
I read somewhere that if today I only had what I gave thanks for yesterday, what would I still have? It made me think.