BECK BULLETIN

We are on a journey, sojourners on this earth. Let us share with you the highs and lows of our lives. Heaven is a sweeter place now that we have two beautiful granddaughters waiting there for us.

Monday, August 25, 2014

Do You Know the Shepherd?

This past week I have been meditating a lot on Psalm 23, 
one of most well loved chapters of the Bible...

The Lord is my Shepherd, I shall not want
 He makes me lie down in green pastures;
He leads me beside quiet waters. He restores my soul;
He guides me in the paths of righteousness
For His name’s sake.
 Even though I walk through the valley of the shadow of death,
I fear no evil, for You are with me;
Your rod and Your staff, they comfort me.
You prepare a table before me in the presence of my enemies;
You have anointed my head with oil;
My cup overflows. 
Surely goodness and lovingkindness will follow me all the days of my life,
And I will dwell in the house of the Lord forever.

Last Sunday our pastor preached a challenging sermon on this chapter,
and ever since I keep thinking about his question that he asked us,
'Do you know the Shepherd?'

Do I really know him, not just know about Him?
Do I love Him,
follow Him,
know His voice,
trust that He always knows what's best for me?

Do I know Him, 
know that He will be with me all the days of my life,
know that He is teaching me about dying while living,
and that at the end of it all,
I will dwell with Him in the house of the Lord forever?

So amazing!
So incredible!

Do you know my shepherd?

2 comments:

Anneliese said...

Oh, to know Him better!

Miss Debbie said...

So grateful that I can say...YES! :-)