BECK BULLETIN

We are on a journey, sojourners on this earth. Let us share with you the highs and lows of our lives. Heaven is a sweeter place now that we have two beautiful granddaughters waiting there for us.

Monday, September 29, 2014

The House of God

Do you ever have a song that just sticks with you?

One such song has been House of God, by Jon Foreman
which our new worship pastor has been teaching our congregation.
Based on Psalm 23, the words have been echoing in my mind as I am struggling with the pain and fatigue that accompanies the arrival of the fall storms here at the coast for those of us with bodies that act like weather barometers!

.....God is my Shepherd, 
I won't be wanting.
He makes me rest in fields of green,
with quiet streams.
Even though I walk through the valley
of death and dying
I will not fear because You are with me.

The Shepherd's staff comforts me
You are my feast in the presence of enemies
Surely goodness will follow me
in the House of God forever.

I think that you will not only enjoy the song, 
but also the video that accompanies it on this link.
Maybe you too will be humming the words today....
God is my Shepherd...I won't be wanting!

1 comment:

Anneliese said...

Beautiful photo to accompany the song. So good to know He is always with us.