BECK BULLETIN

We are on a journey, sojourners on this earth. Let us share with you the highs and lows of our lives. Heaven is a sweeter place now that we have two beautiful granddaughters waiting there for us.

Thursday, November 20, 2014

Like a River Glorious


 

I was having trouble falling asleep, again. My heart was heavy and I had some big decisions to be made which all contributed to an overactive brain and definitely not peaceful sleep. But then I was reminded that Christ was the Prince of Peace so how was that going to work out in my life tonight when my heart and brain were anything but peaceful? I'm sure that I'm not the only one that struggles with that!

He is the one that promised that I could experience peace that passes understanding today, so as I wrestled I decided instead to sing that old hymn Like a River Glorious. 

Stayed upon Jehovah, hearts are fully blest
Finding, as He promised, perfect peace and rest…..

I had to stop wrestling and instead focus on God’s perfect peace…

Like a river glorious is God’s perfect peace,
Over all victorious, in its bright increase;
Perfect, yet it floweth fuller every day,
Perfect, yet it groweth deeper all the way.

As I sang it to myself, I realized that the Prince of Peace wasn’t just someone that would some day rule but he wanted to rule in my heart today. He wants me to experience that perfect peace even when the road seems rough. 

Hidden in the hollow of His blessed hand,
Never foe can follow, never traitor stand;
Not a surge of worry, not a shade of care,
Not a blast of hurry touch the spirit there.

As I sang the last verse, I had a smile on my face….

Every joy or trial falleth from above,
Traced upon our dial by the Sun of Love;
We may trust Him fully all for us to do;
They who trust Him wholly find Him wholly true.

Stayed upon Jehovah, hearts are fully blest
Finding, as He promised, perfect peace and rest.





No comments: