BECK BULLETIN

We are on a journey, sojourners on this earth. Let us share with you the highs and lows of our lives. Heaven is a sweeter place now that we have two beautiful granddaughters waiting there for us.

Friday, May 03, 2019

Intentional Living

Let us consider how we may spur one another on toward love and good deeds.” (Hebrews 10:24)

A friend and I were struggling to know how to encourage a mutual friend who was nursing her husband through the final stages of cancer. Since it was early December, she suggested that we recruit a group of women to encourage her with meaningful gifts of blessing along with our daily prayers for her strength and grace in a difficult time and daily visit her throughout the twelve days of Christmas.

None of us could have managed this alone, but together we made a huge difference in one couple’s life that was going through a life-altering circumstance. As I reflected on this again not long ago, this verse in Hebrews came to mind. Together my friend and I had been considering what we could do and God in his infinite goodness showed us how we could make a difference.

A wise man once said that if you aim at nothing, you will hit it every time. On our own, it is easy to get overwhelmed by the needs of those around us and become immobilized. But this verse reminds us that we need to be intentional about how we live our lives. ‘Let us consider…’ implies that we need to think about it, pray about it and ask God to show us how we can encourage one another ‘…to love and good deeds’.

Aiming at nothing ensures that nothing will happen. But as we invite God into the process and live our lives with intentionality, we will see that he is already at work and we get to be part of what he is doing.


Dear Heavenly Father,
Thank you that I can be someone who lives my life with intentionality, making a difference in the lives of the people you place around me. Help me today to consider how to do that and to be a difference-maker. Show me where you are at work so that I can join you there. Amen.





1 comment:

Anneliese said...

I had to re-check the date! Welcome back, my friend. Yes, so true, to be intentional we have to consider and then act on it in faith, to see how God leads. It's good to see you making a difference in people's lives.