BECK BULLETIN

We are on a journey, sojourners on this earth. Let us share with you the highs and lows of our lives. Heaven is a sweeter place now that we have two beautiful granddaughters waiting there for us.

Friday, October 04, 2019

All About You


 “But he said to me, “My grace is sufficient for you, for my power is made perfect in weakness.” Therefore I will boast all the more gladly about my weaknesses, so that Christ’s power may rest on me.” 2 Corinthians 12:9

When was the last time that you boasted about your weaknesses? I don’t know about you, but in this world of social media I see a lot of people putting their best foot forward as opposed to showing anything even remotely related to weakness! So where does that leave me when I am overwhelmed and just want to hide because I feel like I can’t face life?

It is exactly on those days that God reminds me that it isn’t all about me. I can’t be strong enough, or pretty enough, or organized enough to keep up with the world around me. And that is more than okay. Because the same God that spoke and the world came into being is at work in me, regardless of the challenges that I am facing today.

Whatever possessed me to even think that I could handle the daily demands of my life on my own? God is so much bigger and stronger than I am, and without his strength, his spirit, his power at work in my life I really cannot do it on my own. It is only then that as the next verse tells me, ‘…when I am weak, then I am strong’(2 Corinthians 12:10)

It truly is all about you God. So even though I am feeling pretty weak today, I can boast about those weaknesses.

Dear Heavenly Father,
Thank you that your word tells me that when I am weak, then I am strong. I don’t always understand that Lord, but I trust you to make it so in my life. Help me today when I don’t feel strong to remember that it isn’t all about me, but it is all about you and you are the same God that created the world. Give me strength for this day Lord. Amen.

1 comment:

Anneliese said...

A message we need to remind ourselves of over and over again. Thank you.