BECK BULLETIN

We are on a journey, sojourners on this earth. Let us share with you the highs and lows of our lives. Heaven is a sweeter place now that we have two beautiful granddaughters waiting there for us.

Saturday, September 05, 2020

Hitting the Reset Button

 


”For I know the plans I have for you, declares the Lord, plans for welfare and not for calamity, to give you a future and a hope. (Jeremiah 29:11)

‘I am so sick of this pandemic.’ As I read these words in a message from a good friend, I couldn’t help but agree. How many times have I said the same thing in these past weeks and months or heard them repeated by friends and family around me.

 

I wonder if the Israelites said the same thing when they were in captivity in Babylon? ‘I am so sick of living in captivity! I just wish my life could go back to normal.’

 

It is exactly into this situation that God gave these words to Jeremiah. He had plans for them, for their future and a hope. Earlier in the chapter they were told to get married, build houses and plant fields. Yes they were in captivity, their normal lives a faint memory, but he was asking them to hit the reset button and carry on with their lives, remembering all the time that God was still trustworthy.

 

In the same way, God is asking us to hit the reset button and carry on. Our lives don’t look the same way that they did, and ‘normal’ may be a faint memory. But the words of this verse apply just as much to us today, right now, ‘For I know the plans I have for you’. Not only has God has not changed but he will fulfill his promises.

 

How about you? Have you told someone this week that you too are sick of this pandemic, this virus and everything that goes along with it? Do you need to be reminded today that God is trustworthy? That he is still has your welfare in mind and wants to give you a future and a hope?

 

Dear Heavenly Father,

Thank you that you are the still trustworthy and will fulfill all of your promises. Help me today to hit the reset button and carry on, knowing that I can depend on you for my future.  

Amen!

1 comment:

Anneliese said...

That verse just happens to be the one we hung over our fireplace mantle and I did not realize the timing of it when we did or who it was written to. I like that.