BECK BULLETIN

We are on a journey, sojourners on this earth. Let us share with you the highs and lows of our lives. Heaven is a sweeter place now that we have two beautiful granddaughters waiting there for us.

Sunday, January 25, 2009

Thankful for the little things


A strange picture on a blog, I agree! Especially on my blog since anyone that knows me knows that I really don't enjoy cooking or baking very much although I do love my new, renovated Kitchen.
But as we continue to adjust to life without Debbie and walk this journey of grief with Garth, we are more aware of the little things that we can do together that we would otherwise take for granted. Those things that he would give anything to do just one more time:
.....like reaching across the car while driving together and just touching
..... or walking into a store holding hands
.....calling from work just to say hello
.....telling a story of what someone said
.....watching our grandsons together and smiling at them
.....going out for dinner just because
.....walking into HomeSense and finding the perfect Spice Rack for our kitchen(Dave insisted we needed one since trying to find the right bottles while cooking was frustrating)
So today I am thankful for the little things we can do together on ordinary days....even for the new spice rack sitting on my kitchen counter.

5 comments:

Karin said...

That's a good reminder Doris! Sometimes we take things for granted until we get a wake-up call. Love your spice rack - it's perfect!

christy said...

thanks so much for sharing Doris. It is such a great reminder and one that needs to be reminded often. I had Garth as a teacher and had heard his wife was sick, i hope and pray that he and the kids are doing ok and that you as friends have surrounded them during this time and I am sure you have and are continually showering them with prayers . Take care

Anneliese said...

What a perfect reminder, Doris! Ooh, my hands are still frozen from our walk and I can hardly type. I love how the colors of the spices match your kitchen!

Darin and Jody said...

When I opened up your blog, there was a certain little person standing beside me with her little hand resting on my leg and it reminded me to be thankful for that tiny hand and tiny girl that it belongs to. She saw the profile picture and goes, "Mimi, Bupa!" Love from Texas.

Beck's Bulletin said...

Awww....so sweet Jody! I am so glad she knows us! Thanks for posting.