BECK BULLETIN

We are on a journey, sojourners on this earth. Let us share with you the highs and lows of our lives. Heaven is a sweeter place now that we have two beautiful granddaughters waiting there for us.

Monday, September 03, 2007

Friends are friends forever.....

Friends are friends forever, if the Lord is Lord of them.....that old song was singing in my head this weekend as we visited with our old friends, Gerd and Ilona. 33 years ago this weekend my parents moved me and my belongings up to Edmonton to live at their place while I finished my BSc at the University of Alberta.......being together with them and laughing at the old pictures that I had brought along made it seem like time had almost stood still......

Gerd explains their lot to Dave while Ilona and I were already up in the loft...

Getting the view from the deck ....

I guess time really hasn't stood still...we are both Grandmas after all..

It was soooo much fun to spend time with you both Gerd and Ilona! See you again real soon......
Posted by Picasa

2 comments:

Danielle said...

hi friend!!

happy monday... it's good being your friend :) I treasure you, love your pics.. glad you had an awsome time!

talk soon!

Anonymous said...

Every once in a while I peek in here to see what you've been up to! You take wonderful pictures! Thanks for sharing them. Gerd and Ilona look great - looks like Island living is the way to go. Next time you're all together please give them our greetings. We hadn't seen them for years and then last I saw them was at Cherise's,Rick and Lilly's daughter's wedding. We only chatted briefly - everyone had their table to sit at!
They have it made! Blessings to you all.