BECK BULLETIN

We are on a journey, sojourners on this earth. Let us share with you the highs and lows of our lives. Heaven is a sweeter place now that we have two beautiful granddaughters waiting there for us.

Saturday, March 14, 2009

Come and gone....

The house is empty this morning as I listen to the rain falling outside(and yes, I am thankful that it wasn't more snow again like last weekend!) The cold weather this week was a blessing, day after day of sunshine and beautiful blue skies!

Heather and Matt were down and it was just so much fun to have them here....to sit and talk, to watch a Canucks game together while munching on Dave's amazing popcorn(he just makes it real good!), to enjoy a White Spot Dinner together(one of Matt's favorite restaurants which they don't have up there), to go shopping with Heather and buy something that was a wee bit outside of my comfort zone(an argyle sweater! I still can't believe it is now hanging in my closet!), to drinking hot beverages together(3 Starbucks and a Tim Horton's for Matt!).

They left again Thursday morning and I am thankful that there is a bit more laughter in the walls of this house and a few more memories to cherish in my heart. And I am looking forward to their next trip already.It's so much easier to say goodbye when you have the next trip to look forward too.

2 comments:

Karin said...

These special family times are such a blessing! Have a great week-end and much strength for your many presentations!

lowonthego said...

you'd look great in an argyle sweater, Doris!!!