BECK BULLETIN

We are on a journey, sojourners on this earth. Let us share with you the highs and lows of our lives. Heaven is a sweeter place now that we have two beautiful granddaughters waiting there for us.

Wednesday, April 22, 2009

A few more days on the Ranch......

Just when you think you have your life figured out, the plans change! My bags were packed last night but I didn't leave on the jet plane this morning. Instead Jody's contractions had gotten very regular and close together and they were trying to decide whether or not to head to the hospital when Darin and I should have been leaving for the airport! So I rebooked my flight and will stay here for a few more days. After a few more hours of sleep the contractions slowed down again, another false alarm. But in the meantime, I am still here and this was the view from the front porch today as I worked(answered emails and called into several meetings....the internet really is amazing!)
This picture below captures Caily's relationship with Darin so well.....she is always listening and watching for him to walk into the house or ride by on a horse. Today while we were out on the porch watching her color with her sidewalk chalk, Darin happened to walk by. I just loved her outstretched arms, waiting for him to come close enough so she could jump into his arms.

Once there she wants to 'hold it' which means that she wants to hold the horse's lead rope....
As much as I was looking forward to getting home today and seeing Dave, I know beyond a shadow of a doubt that I am here for such a time as this. And in the meantime, I get to make more wonderful memories with my Caily girl.

Posted by Picasa

5 comments:

Karin said...

Well, this came as a surprise to all of you but not to our Lord! I love when you always said that in our chat hostess meetings!! Hugs, Karin

Anneliese said...

Oh, she is so cute!! And what a nice view from the window too! I can imagine how torn you must have felt, but I hope you get to be in on the excitement now when the baby comes and that it all works out with your trips. Never a dull moment, is there?

Donnie and Trudy Miles said...

Great post, Doris. I just love all the pictures! You are a great photographer! Thanks for keeping us posted.....and now, sit back, and enjoy some more time there in Texas! Give our love to everyone! So happy you are able to help out at this time!

Rachel Oberg - De Ma Cuisine said...

Will Jody be 37 weeks on Monday? That was the goal, right? Still praying!

Team AC said...

great post... I love seeing how much Caily loves her Daddy... so special to see.
~Corinna