BECK BULLETIN

We are on a journey, sojourners on this earth. Let us share with you the highs and lows of our lives. Heaven is a sweeter place now that we have two beautiful granddaughters waiting there for us.

Tuesday, May 04, 2010

Happy Birthday my Beautiful Daughter

It's hard to believe that today you entering a new decade of life!! Happy Birthday Heather!! I still remember that hot day in Hamilton when you decided to make your appearance!!! You were our little 'Gerber Baby', didn't even look like a newborn because of your chubby cheeks. You were only 6 weeks old when we moved to BC and you were the best baby ever to make a move like that because you slept and slept and slept.
You have grown up to be a beautiful woman, both outside and inside. Always ready for adventure, when you got word of where you would be living you embraced the move with gusto. You and I went on a road trip and bought your house in the same weekend that Matt sold your house in Yarrow. And right from the start, you had a picture of what the house would look like when you finished painting every surface, inside and outside. Whether cheering for your beloved Canucks, going to the Opera with a friend or hunting with Matt, you do it with your whole heart!
You are not only my daughter, but also a good friend! You are my encourager, my interior decorator, painting partner, personal shopping assistant and the person who isn't afraid to challenge me if I am not taking care of myself.
You and Matt are an awesome couple and it's so fun to watch you embrace life. Your journey together has had more than it's share of disappointments, but rather than get bitter, you have embraced the journey, both the tears and the laughter. Because of your grief, you now minister to others whose path isn't always the way they had planned it to be.

What an amazing night it was when you welcomed Kai into your family! You are awesome Mom, willing to love on your beautiful baby boy and be incredibly patient with him.
It's so much fun to watch you grow as a Mom to your little brown-eyed cutie!
I wish I could be there today to cook your birthday dinner and dessert. Know that I am thinking of you today and wishing you a wonderful birthday!


Posted by Picasa

4 comments:

Kristal Sawyer said...

Happy Happy 30th Birthday Heather!!!

Karin said...

That's a beautiful tribute! Blessings on your daughter for a wonderful year!!

Anneliese said...

What a beautiful tribute! And Heather... I too want to wish you a Happy Birthday and God's blessings always. I love still seeing that little twinkle in your eyes that I saw in you as a little girl.. and now in Kai.

Heather said...

Thanks for the beautiful words mom :)