BECK BULLETIN

We are on a journey, sojourners on this earth. Let us share with you the highs and lows of our lives. Heaven is a sweeter place now that we have two beautiful granddaughters waiting there for us.

Wednesday, November 10, 2010

Enjoying the Simple Things....

There are times in our lives when our busy schedules find us rushing from one thing to another, checking them off as we go without really noticing our surroundings or taking time to enjoy the simple things or a conversation along the way.

This beautiful red leaf reminded me of this.......it's one of thousands in our backyard and yet it is unique, bright, a small reminder of God's amazing creation. A couple of weeks ago I was rushing to get ready to go to a meeting that I was looking forward to when the phone rang. It was my Dad and in that instant I knew that I had a choice....sit down and enjoy the conversation and be late, or let him know that I should have been walking out the door instead of picking up the phone.

I sat down and enjoyed the conversation......and yes, I was late! But as I drove I thought about how thankful I was that I had a Dad that had picked up the phone and called when so many people didn't have their fathers here on earth anymore and Dave would give anything to hear his father's voice on the phone one more time.....and really in the end, being late was a small price to pay.

So today, enjoy the simple things in your day or take the time for a conversation that otherwise might not happen. You won't regret it!

3 comments:

Anneliese said...

I wish my dad could call from heaven. You made a good choice.

just the four of us said...

Hi Doris! Just dropped in to say hi - I hope you guys are doing well. It's nice to read your updates. :)

Karin said...

You did make the right, and more blessed, decision!