BECK BULLETIN

We are on a journey, sojourners on this earth. Let us share with you the highs and lows of our lives. Heaven is a sweeter place now that we have two beautiful granddaughters waiting there for us.

Friday, June 03, 2011

Spring Cleaning

O God, my life is really an awful mess!
Is there any hope for someone like me?
I need you to come and transform this heart,
I heard you can do that, and that Your help is free!

My clothes are tattered and torn, filthy rags,
I’ve buried and hidden so much o’er the years
The closet is stuffed to the ceiling with things
Old baggage, old pain, and all kinds of fears.

O God, it is time to take out the trash
To once and for all clean this heart of mine!
That thick layer of pride should be dusted away
And my windows are clouded with jealousy grime.

Much idle talk’s been swept under the rug,
There are cobwebs of anger everywhere,
Greasy streaks of criticism mark up the walls
And selfishness clutters each room here and there.

I’ve tried real hard to clean it myself,
But I simply can’t! I’m tired, I’m weary, I’m worn.
“The blood of the Lamb will cleanse every stain,
Just give me your heart, child, and you’ll be reborn!”

Now that was an offer I did not refuse!
I opened my heart’s door and let You come in,
And the rest, as they say, is now history.
Your promise held true and You cleansed me from sin.

You do the work and I just relax
And bask in Your love, Your peace and Your grace!
That was the best decision I’ve ever made!
And, Father, I really like what you’ve done in this place.

Karin Ristau©
My good friend over at Yesterday, Today and Forever shared this a couple of weeks ago and it so impacted me that I asked her if I could post it here for all of you to read as well. Reprinted with permission.

2 comments:

Karin said...

Awww, thanks Doris! God is good! Have an awesome week-end and hope your back heals well!

Vanessa said...

Thanks so much for sharing this! Great reminder and so well said!