BECK BULLETIN

We are on a journey, sojourners on this earth. Let us share with you the highs and lows of our lives. Heaven is a sweeter place now that we have two beautiful granddaughters waiting there for us.

Friday, October 28, 2011

Thankful on a Rainy Afternoon

As I got back home this afternoon after running errands in the pouring rain, my flowers welcomed me by the front door. They looked so cheery, almost like they were saying to me, 'Welcome home! Come in where it is warm and dry.' It made me think about all the things that I have to be thankful for:

*for a home that is dry and warm, not like the thousands of people without a home following the earthquake in Turkey this week

*for healthy parents, not like my friend who is on a flight right now because she got word this morning that her mother had an aortic aneurism and was headed into surgery with only a 50/50 chance of survival

*for healthy children and grandchildren, not like other friends whose teenage son has been suffering from severe post concussion symptoms which may now be as a result of something far worse like a brain tumor

*for an awesome physiotherapist who although I sometimes accuse of torturing me, has made it possible for me have far more range of motion and way less pain than a friend who is in so much pain right now that she has to lie flat on her back

*for a Starbucks card from some thankful kids who gave it to me just because I had helped them out so much(you know who you are)....so today on this rainy, wet afternoon I could treat myself to a Salted Caramel Mocha which is oh so delicious.

Of course this is only a small part of my list....but enough said. There is a smile on my face from a thankful heart on this rainy afternoon.

1 comment:

Karin said...

May we always be thankful for all the good gifts God sends, and also for those we don't like as much that He allows!