BECK BULLETIN

We are on a journey, sojourners on this earth. Let us share with you the highs and lows of our lives. Heaven is a sweeter place now that we have two beautiful granddaughters waiting there for us.

Friday, November 04, 2011

Grandparenting from Afar

I don't know how many times I have had someone tell me that they just don't know how we can stand having two families of our grandchildren live so far away. My answer is always the same...we don't have a choice! :-)

But what we do have a choice about is what kind of far-away grandparents we will be. Early on we decided that we would invest time, money and energy into making sure that we had as good a relationship as we possibly could with all of our grandchildren.  Here's a tip for those of you that have made that same kind of commitment.

Hallmark has made the most amazing books...recordable books that you can read and record your voice. This one is my favorite! I bought two of them and Dave and I sat down and personally recorded us reading them before giving one to Kai and the other to our Texas girlies. All of them love listening to us 'read' the book to them. It's one of Kai's favorite at the moment! While we were up there last weekend, he pulled it out several times and wanted to read it.

Definitely a worthwhile investment in maximizing grandparenting from afar!

2 comments:

Anneliese said...

I remember you telling me about these books. Such a great idea! And you are right... we have a choice in how we do the grandparenting from afar.

Theresa said...

Thanks for the tip!