BECK BULLETIN

We are on a journey, sojourners on this earth. Let us share with you the highs and lows of our lives. Heaven is a sweeter place now that we have two beautiful granddaughters waiting there for us.

Thursday, February 23, 2012

My Furry Friends

Heather and Matt aren't the only ones enjoying warmer weather and feeling the sun on their faces these days while on a winter vacation with his family! Their dog, Tikka, is loving it at our house, especially when we go on our daily walks. I had a good laugh today when I told her to sit so I could take her picture and she jumped right up on this park bench and looked at me!!

I realized as the two of us walked today that I miss my furry friends...our dog Sheba and our cat Snowball were part of our family for many, many years. No one greets me now when I come into the house after a day at the office. There is no excited animal to say good morning when I come down the stairs in the morning. No purring cat to cuddle while watching tv on the couch.

So for this week I am enjoying my furry friends....Tiks and Kiki as Kai calls her. Tiks gets so excited when I grab the leash and I have to admit it would never occur to me to go for a walk on my own if it would not have been for her today.
So today I enjoyed the sunshine as we walked.......it was fun seeing her enjoy the water.....watching an eagle in a tree high over the pond....seeing ducks diving for fish....a squirrel scampering up a tree...all because of a dog to take on a walk. I don't know who enjoyed it more, her or me!

No comments: