BECK BULLETIN

We are on a journey, sojourners on this earth. Let us share with you the highs and lows of our lives. Heaven is a sweeter place now that we have two beautiful granddaughters waiting there for us.

Wednesday, July 04, 2012

Growing Older

A good friend gave me my Birthday Card early yesterday(today is my special day along with the entire United States of America) and this is what it said.....

.....The art of aging gracefully is the gift of becoming yourself.


I haven't been able to get it out of my mind....

....am I aging gracefully?

....am I becoming myself?

....am I true to myself?

I had to stop and realize how many times this past year I have told people that one of the wonderful things about getting older is that I don't have to try to impress people or try to be someone that I'm not.

I guess that means that I am becoming myself....and hey! Maybe I am aging gracefully!!! Now there's a thought on this my birthday! I kind of like that! 

How about you? Are you also aging gracefully? or are you still trying to be someone else?

1 comment:

Anneliese said...

Happy Birthday, my friend! Hitting the trail together first thing in the morning for so many years now.. we have the challenge to learn just that.. how to age gracefully. I can hardly believe how the years pile up, but I would not change it.
Wishing you health and joy in this new year ahead.