BECK BULLETIN

We are on a journey, sojourners on this earth. Let us share with you the highs and lows of our lives. Heaven is a sweeter place now that we have two beautiful granddaughters waiting there for us.

Wednesday, March 20, 2013

I See Because I Look


As Dave and I walked in the park back where we used to live I asked if I could have the camera(we share his camera which in this case meant that he was taking the pictures except when I wanted one from a different perspective).
I pointed it straight up in the trees......It was so beautiful I just had to try and capture the red new growth against the dark blue sky. As I took the picture I had to think back to a statement that my good friend and walking partner had said to me earlier in the week as we walked in this same park....
 "You see because you look. I'm just too busy to even stop and look."
I so often stop her as we walk and point something out like  this cormorant sitting on the old stump...
 ...or a mallard duck in flight coming in for a landing...
 ...like this one that Dave captured on our walk.
I notice and point out the colours of a bird like this beautiful Northern Shoveler.
 I see the beauty of my Creator all around me because I look....

Whether that is a pair of eagles in full flight overhead,
or a pair of  mergansers or green-winged teals on the pond.

I look, therefore I see.

What are you looking for today?




1 comment:

Anneliese said...

Beautiful photos! Proof that spring really is on it's way!
And yes... you see because you look.