BECK BULLETIN

We are on a journey, sojourners on this earth. Let us share with you the highs and lows of our lives. Heaven is a sweeter place now that we have two beautiful granddaughters waiting there for us.

Monday, March 11, 2013

In the Arms of the Father

I love this picture of our granddaughter, Halle, cuddled up in the arms of her father, Matt. She's so relaxed and he is enjoying every minute of holding his little girl.

As I looked at this picture, I couldn't help but think about my Heavenly Father, and how He longs for me to just rest in His arms. While I am busy, running around scurrying from one thing to another, He waits.

But when I finally stop long enough to enjoy spending time with Him, He quietly whispers in my ear, 'Be still and know that I am God'(Psalm 46:10)

As I continue in this time of enforced rest, otherwise known as a Medical Leave from work, I am learning to be still, to rest, to stop and remember:
He who dwells in the shelter of the Most High,
Will abide(or rest) in the shadow of the Almighty.
I will say to the Lord, 'My refuge and my fortress. 
My God in whom I trust! (Psalm 91:1,2)

I don't know what the future holds, but I do know who holds the future....and I am learning to be content to rest and be still in the arms of the Father.

1 comment:

Anneliese said...

Such comfort to know our Father hold us and He hold the future.