BECK BULLETIN

We are on a journey, sojourners on this earth. Let us share with you the highs and lows of our lives. Heaven is a sweeter place now that we have two beautiful granddaughters waiting there for us.

Thursday, March 28, 2013

The Wondrous Cross

More than I can remember in past years, this week my thoughts have been on this coming weekend and what it means for us as Christ followers. Perhaps because of the death of a pastor's wife who was younger than I am from cancer on Tuesday morning, perhaps because unlike other years I have time to sit and reflect.

For whatever reason I have been singing the words to this hymn this week and just wanted to share it with you.....

When I survey the wondrous cross
On which the Prince of glory died,
My richest gain I count but loss
And pour contempt on all my pride.  
 
Forbid it, Lord, that I should boast,
Save in the death of Christ my God,
All the vain things that charm me most,
I sacrifice them to His blood. 
 
See from His head, His hands, His feet,
Sorrow and love flow mingled down!
Did e’er such love and sorrow meet, 
Or thorns compose so rich a crown? 
 
Were the whole realm of nature mine,
That were a present far too small;
Love so amazing, so divine, 
Demands my soul, my life, my all.
 
The last verse says it so much better than I ever could... Love so amazing, so divine, demands my soul, my life, my all. Lord, help me today to live my life in response to that..... 

No comments: