BECK BULLETIN

We are on a journey, sojourners on this earth. Let us share with you the highs and lows of our lives. Heaven is a sweeter place now that we have two beautiful granddaughters waiting there for us.

Friday, April 26, 2013

Five

In the midst of all the things that have happened this month it seems that all around me friends and family are celebrating 5th birthdays of special people in their lives. Each one has reminded me that this month we should have been celebrating the 5th birthday of two special little girls, Avery and Sophie. As a result, this post has been percolating all month.

When someone close to us dies, part of the grieving process is that we don't want to forget them and we don't want others to forget that individual either. When a mother loses a child that same thing holds true. She never forgets. April 12th was the due date of the first baby that I miscarried. I've never forgotten that child even though afterwards God gave us Jamie, Heather and Jody. And I believe with all my heart that when I get to heaven there will be a reunion with that baby.

In the same way, April will always be the month that the twins were due. Two precious little girls that we never met, never held, never cuddled, never celebrated a single birthday. And yet they are part of the fabric of our family. They are waiting for us in heaven. And this month they would have been 5 years old.....I love you precious girls and can hardly wait to meet you some day.

2 comments:

Heather said...

Thanks for remembering with us :). Every time I hear someone talk about kindergarten this fall I think of them ...

Anneliese said...

I got chills reading this...
I'm so sorry for the pain that remains...
while the rest of the world goes on, a mother and a grandmother will always remember...