BECK BULLETIN

We are on a journey, sojourners on this earth. Let us share with you the highs and lows of our lives. Heaven is a sweeter place now that we have two beautiful granddaughters waiting there for us.

Wednesday, May 01, 2013

A Holy Contentment

One of the questions I get asked often these days is 'How am I doing?' Probably the second most asked question is, 'How are you doing with it taking so long to get better?'

The only way that I can answer that is that God is at work in my life giving me a 'Holy Contentment'. It has to be from Him. After all I have never rested very well. And the fact that I am learning to be still and rest, day after day, can only be from Him. It's hard for those of us that were raised with a strong work ethic. Our self image was tied up with our roles, what we accomplished and what we could get done every day.

But now none of those things matter any more. Instead it is about resting, eating well, getting my daily exercise and learning to listen to the One who holds the future. As a friend reminded me,
"God is under no obligation to reveal to me today what He will make known to me tomorrow."

Jesus calls me to trust Him one day at a time. For now, that's how I am living, one day at a time. It has to be a God-thing don't you agree? :-)

Come to Me, all who are weary and heavy-laden, and I will give you rest." (Matthew 11:28 NASB)

No comments: