BECK BULLETIN

We are on a journey, sojourners on this earth. Let us share with you the highs and lows of our lives. Heaven is a sweeter place now that we have two beautiful granddaughters waiting there for us.

Friday, May 17, 2013

Still Waiting


As I chatted with a friend, I told her that I had to admit that these past few months had been amazing for me....incredibly restful, far beyond what I had any idea I needed or would possibly have imagined. I have rested, walked for miles, read some amazing books and enjoyed both the rainy days and the sunny ones. My family likes the new, relaxed me.

I am torn because on one hand I want to get back to work...I miss everyone....but at the same time I know that God isn't finished with me yet on this journey of stillness and rest. I am still here in this place. I still need my afternoon naps and get easily fatigued. My ability to concentrate is short-lived and my hands are still sore, making everyday tasks like writing a challenge.

This month Dave is also on a sabbatical so we will be still together and wait and listen for God's heart for us, for me. We are looking forward to this time of sabbath rest, of walking together and enjoying the sunny days, and sitting by the fire together on the rainy days with books in hand.

And while we wait, God will renew our strength....

1 comment:

Anneliese said...

Ha Ha!!! How did you maneuver those lily pads? Looks kind of tricky ... maybe a little bit like taking a sabbatical and trying to figure out when you are ready to go back? I, for one, appreciate the fact that you have been able to take time to rest.