BECK BULLETIN

We are on a journey, sojourners on this earth. Let us share with you the highs and lows of our lives. Heaven is a sweeter place now that we have two beautiful granddaughters waiting there for us.

Friday, June 28, 2013

My Turn

The birds in our backyard all take their turn in the birdbath. This particular morning the chickadees arrived first, three of them all enjoying it.

Next came the Rufous-sided Towhee...a rare sighting indeed, this bird prefers to hide in the underbrush, but there he was, enjoying the water, being refreshed.

Finally a robin came, splashing so loud he got my attention! My how he enjoyed himself. I had to stop and ponder.....is that how I should be when come to the source of Living Water and am refreshed?

Do I relax, bask, enjoy.....do I take the time to enjoy the quiet with my Heavenly Father? or do I rush away missing the opportunity?

Today it seemed like the birds were all waiting in line for their turn. I don't have to wait for a turn. In fact He is always here, waiting for me to just sit down and be still. Waiting for me to stop....to rest.

Sometimes He literally 'makes me lie down in green pastures'(Psalm 23:2) like He has done to me during this season. And in the lying down I have tasted and seen that He is good, so very, very good!(Psalm 34:8).

No comments: