BECK BULLETIN

We are on a journey, sojourners on this earth. Let us share with you the highs and lows of our lives. Heaven is a sweeter place now that we have two beautiful granddaughters waiting there for us.

Wednesday, September 25, 2013

Handprints

 Scattered throughout our home are handprints of our littles. Some, like this plate on my kitchen windowsill or the Mother's Day card below are intentional, gifts that daily remind me of the special little people with whom God has blessed our family.
But others, like the perfect print our northern princess left on our TV screen in the Den were left quite by accident in the middle of a busy day of play. And for some reason, I just can't always clean those off. They remind me of the noise, the laughter and the giggles, the smiles and the hugs...

It's easy to get annoyed by the mess to clean up or the spilled milk on the floor, but I choose to rejoice and be thankful. To be content in this wonderful season of my life. Too soon they will all be grown up and life will look different.

The sound of the garbage truck wont' see two little boys running for the street to watch and wave.  (it just drove by which is what reminded me! :-)

We won't have requests for movie nights when we have them while their parents go on a date(their Dad really needed a date they informed us)

And there won't be little handprints on my TV screen...

...but for now they make me smile! Handprints that have left their mark on not just the furniture but on my heart! What a blessed Grandma am I!

3 comments:

Anneliese said...

So much where we are at! I find little surprise reminders like that too. What you wrote reminded me of the saying about holding their hands for a short time, their hearts forever.

Anonymous said...

Very sweet! Good reminder for mommies, too of how blessed we are. I meant to apologize for not saying goodbye to you properly when we met the other day...so busy herding my two along. And also that I appreciated your support shown in a small way as I tried to encourage obedience. It takes a village!

Kerry nee Drayton

Beck's Bulletin said...

No worries Kerry! You had your hands full!

And Anneliese, that saying is so very true.....