BECK BULLETIN

We are on a journey, sojourners on this earth. Let us share with you the highs and lows of our lives. Heaven is a sweeter place now that we have two beautiful granddaughters waiting there for us.

Monday, September 23, 2013

Carpe Diem

 There are times in our lives when our hearts are heavy for those around us that are walking difficult journeys. For us these past two months that has been the case as we lost Dave's aunt just 10 days after being diagnosed with liver cancer, found out first about a single Mom dealing with terminal cancer, losing my aunt, then the diagnosis of Dave's cousin's 7 year old son with a brain tumour, a friend's husband finding out that he had Stage 4 lymphoma and finally the news this weekend of friends' son's diagnosis with leukemia.
 The words that come to my mind at times like these are 'Carpe Diem' or 'Sieze the Day'. We have no guarantees about what tomorrow holds. It makes me want to walk on more beaches...
and not ever take the snow-capped mountains around us for granted.
I want to walk through the falling leaves and enjoy the colors as the leaves begin to change.
I want to hug my grandchildren more, take more self-portraits and tell my children than I love them. I want to enjoy more sunsets with my sweetheart and tell everyone that asks that my hope is in the Lord who made heaven and earth.

Today is a gift, and tomorrow may not come. But for today,
I will rejoice in the Lord and be thankful for each sunrise and every sunrise.

"Therefore do not be anxious for tomorrow; for tomorrow will care for itself. Each day has enough trouble of its own." (Matt 6:34)

1 comment:

Earle Expedition said...

A great reminder. Thanks Doris.