BECK BULLETIN

We are on a journey, sojourners on this earth. Let us share with you the highs and lows of our lives. Heaven is a sweeter place now that we have two beautiful granddaughters waiting there for us.

Wednesday, October 30, 2013

Incredibly Content

I have been thinking a lot lately about the subject of contentment! Perhaps because we as women are so prone to compare ourselves to others...whether it be our bodies, our children, our homes. It never leads to anything except discontentment and so I have been focusing this fall on giving thanks and choosing to be content in all things. So when I saw this neat piece of artwork that Jody had made out of her children's footprints, I had to take a picture!! It is so true!

None of us are perfect...but I have chosen to look beyond those imperfections! So instead of feeling bad that I am not 'super-grandma who cooks, bakes and cleans up a storm when she visits' I am choosing to be content with who I am....
 The Mimi who can sit for hours holding a sleeping baby or reading a book...
 ...who loves watching her granddaughters practice their balancing act on Daddy's back...
 ...who picks her own nail color in light of her granddaughter's favorite colors(they are currently purple)
 ...and who loves giving manicures and pedicures to little nails!
 I love listening to concerts....
...and watching little princesses twirl...
 I am a very content Mimi, loving every moment that I have here with my Texas grands.

No comments: