BECK BULLETIN

We are on a journey, sojourners on this earth. Let us share with you the highs and lows of our lives. Heaven is a sweeter place now that we have two beautiful granddaughters waiting there for us.

Monday, June 30, 2014

A Beautiful Day

 Today was an incredibly beautiful day and I was up with the sun.  
We were headed to the airport so I could catch a 7:55 am flight north.
As we approached the new Port Mann bridge spanning the mighty Fraser River I marveled again
at how amazing it was to see the old and new side by side.
 They are dismantling the old, piece by piece in the reverse order of how it was constructed,
and some day soon it will be no more.
 Then only the new will remain to be seen except in the memories of our minds.
 No, you aren't seeing double....as we continued to drive along,
we drove under another bridge, the Alex Fraser Bridge,
also magnificent in it's architecture.
 And then I was off.......heading north to where some important little people had been waiting.
 It takes almost the same amount of time to fly as it took them to drive to the city I was flying into...
 ...and I thought of them as I flew over the mountains because I knew that when my plane touched down I would have a greeting party.
 A sweeter scene I had never seen as the two tiny faces pressed against the glass when I walked off the plane and towards the terminal...
 Little Miss was determined to take care of my little carry on suitcase.
 Both of them proclaimed several times that they were so glad that I had come to visit...
So all in all, it truly was a beautiful day!

1 comment:

Anneliese said...

I can just imagine the excitement!
Happy Canada Day and enjoy this week!