BECK BULLETIN

We are on a journey, sojourners on this earth. Let us share with you the highs and lows of our lives. Heaven is a sweeter place now that we have two beautiful granddaughters waiting there for us.

Friday, August 01, 2014

Behind the Camera

 In case you have never seen this perspective before, it is what it looks like behind the camera on a TV set.
 While at our Staff Conference, I was able to accompany my good friend and director,
Karen Schenk to a live TV Program.
 She was being interviewed on 100 Huntley Street and asked me to come along.
 It was so neat to be part of the entire process, to see how it all works from behind the scenes, but even more to be there to hear her powerful story...
 ...of being the 'Perfect Anorexic' and how that almost killed her.
 She was also able to share about our newest website, www.issuesiface.com ...
 ...where her story can also be read.
 I had to smile when she shared about the team of mentors that we have that are there to walk alongside of people on their spiritual journey since this is what I have poured my heart into these past years.
 And there she was, on the TV set, telling everyone about our new mentoring site, tmm.io
Before I knew it, the program was a wrap but as I walked off the set, I marveled at the fact that I had been there, behind the camera, and seen it all happen!

2 comments:

Miss Debbie said...

You've been busy...flying across Canada, going to the beach, swimming, sitting "behind the camera", making a drying rack out of a coat rack, watching Shakespearian plays!! :-) Sounds like you are making the most of your summer! Congrats to your hubby...quite an accomplishment! Grateful for folks like you two who have a heart for ministry. We will be in Vancouver for a couple of nights at the end of the month...catching a cruise ship to Alaska. Looking forward to getting a glimpse of your part of the world!

Anneliese said...

As soon as I saw the small photo on your newsletter I had to come here.. I recognized the set from when Lovella and I sat on that bench. So neat that you could accompany Karen and that she could share the heart of your ministry on this show.