BECK BULLETIN

We are on a journey, sojourners on this earth. Let us share with you the highs and lows of our lives. Heaven is a sweeter place now that we have two beautiful granddaughters waiting there for us.

Thursday, December 11, 2014

True Love

 As I grabbed the dust rag to tackle the curio cabinet in our living room I marveled at how much dust got in considering it was all under glass.....but then I stopped to really look at the figurines on the top shelf and I had to smile.
 You will see what I mean if you look closely....because they all have a common theme besides the fact that they are all Boyds Bears. 
This one is 'Together Forever' ...'The Heart that loves is forever young'.

 You see all of these were bought for me by Dave...many for our anniversaries years ago. 
At that time they were cute, and I loved them...
but now we have suddenly morphed into the two little old bears on the bench.
Best Friends ... 'There is only one happiness in life, to love and be loved.'
 
 I even remember what he wrote in the card with this one, 
'Here's to many more years of making music together'.
String Section ... 'There are two golden rules for an orchestra, start together and finish together.'

 This is definitely one of my favorites because we have indeed weathered many storms through the last 40 years. You see last week we celebrated 40 years since our first date!! Crazy I know!
Through the Years ... 'Love comforteth like sunshine after the rain.'

How did we get here, Senior Citizens already?
The quote on the bottom of this one says it best.

True Love ...
'The great secret of successful marriage is to treat all disasters as incidents 
and none of the incidents as disasters'
Harold Nicholson 

How very true!

Oh dear, I have gotten totally sidetracked...
I guess I am getting old....
back to dusting the Curio Cabinet! :-)

1 comment:

Anneliese said...

What a great post down memory lane!
I love the "orchestra rule" quote.