BECK BULLETIN

We are on a journey, sojourners on this earth. Let us share with you the highs and lows of our lives. Heaven is a sweeter place now that we have two beautiful granddaughters waiting there for us.

Friday, October 30, 2015

My Favourite Guy

 I love this picture of Dave, 
taken at my niece's wedding when he didn't know it
while watching something at the front of the reception.

Somehow it seemed to be a fitting last-post picture 
for my month of thankful posts...
this man who has loved me unconditionally for over 40 years,
whose smile still makes me smile.
 And after all these years, 
he is still a romantic...
...save Friday, October 2 for a date night the email said
and only a  couple of weeks later did he tell me what we were going to be doing.
 We were like two young teenagers out on a date,
waiting for the concert to begin...
...we even took a selfie!
 And then there they were...
Four amazing Canadian men who are not just singers,
but musicians who are amazing entertainers!

We loved the evening and everything about it,
but most of all,
I loved the time spent with my favourite guy!
(and yes, I am Canadian and that's how we spell it here)

Thank you Lord that after over 40 years 
 we are still in love,
we are best friends,
and we love spending time together!

2 comments:

trudymiles said...

Love this post, Doris! Y'all ( and that's what we say in the South!) look great!

Anneliese said...

Fun post! It was nice to see you there and such a great evening!
A date night I'm thankful for as well!