BECK BULLETIN

We are on a journey, sojourners on this earth. Let us share with you the highs and lows of our lives. Heaven is a sweeter place now that we have two beautiful granddaughters waiting there for us.

Wednesday, December 23, 2015

Home for Christmas


Today the world lost an amazing woman, a great lady of the faith.
Vonette Zachary Bright, co-founder of Campus Crusade for Christ,
passed away at the age of 89.

As her friend, Judy Douglass said,
'Vonette took off for heaven this afternoon,
eager to spend Christmas with Jesus and Bill(her husband).

She is home for Christmas, 
truly home,
and as I sat here and reflected on that,
I am reminded again of how short our lives are.

From the my very first involvement in Campus Crusade for Christ
as a high school student attending a weekend of evangelism training,
I heard about Bill and Vonette Bright
and their passion for reaching people for Jesus.

Just 9 months later as a brand hew University student,
it seemed almost natural that I would get involved in this movement of students,
reaching their campus for Christ.
Little did I know then that it would radically alter the course of my life.

Four years later I married the love of my life,
and you guessed it, 
he too was on staff with Campus Crusade for Christ
and together we moved to a new city
and opened a new ministry to students there.

Today 40 1/2 years later,
this amazing lady who has impacted my life for the past 45 years is gone.
She was there when I was first commissioned to the staff
of Campus Crusade for Christ,
and many other milestones over the years of ministry with Campus Crusade for Christ.
(this picture sits in our guest room and was taken when
Dave was recognized for 25 years of service with CCC)

Her love for Jesus and her husband, Bill,
was evident in every way.
Her smile and gentle laughter peppered any talks she gave
and I can remember her gracious
appreciation for all we did in the Canadian ministry any time we met.

She finished well 
and today experienced the poem she so often shared with friends who had suffered loss:

Finally Home 
Can you imagine stepping on shore and finding it heaven?
Can you imagine touching a hand and finding it God's?
Can you imagine breathing new air and finding it celestial?
Can you imagine waking in glory and finding it home?
                                    --Don Wyrtsen

No comments: