BECK BULLETIN

We are on a journey, sojourners on this earth. Let us share with you the highs and lows of our lives. Heaven is a sweeter place now that we have two beautiful granddaughters waiting there for us.

Monday, September 26, 2016

A Beautiful Morning


The fall morning had dawned sunny and bright,
and I was overwhelmed by the beauty all around me.
As I walked around the trail with my friend
the song going through my head was an old one....

....Oh what a beautiful morning,
Oh what a beautiful day,
I've got a wonderful feeling,
Everything's going my way.

Oh the pain was still there
and I had to sit down for a rest after one round around the pond,
but I was reminded that God was good,
all the time, 
even when life hurts and doesn't go quite according to plan.

The summer had been full...
full of friends, family, flights coming and going,
but also full of sorrow 
as we said goodbye to a beloved uncle 
on the Labour Day weekend.

In the midst of it all
there wasn't a  lot of time for writing or reflecting
as all my energy went into enjoying the moments...
because that's what chronic pain will do,
rob you of the joy!

But I am determined that I won't let that be the story of my life,
instead I will choose joy.
I will believe that every day is in fact beautiful, rain or shine,
and that my loving Heavenly Father daily reminds me  
...That everything is going HIS way,
and that's good enough for me!

1 comment:

Anneliese said...

Thank you, Doris, for your example ... giving thanks, even when pain robs you of joy, the joy of the Lord is your strength.