BECK BULLETIN

We are on a journey, sojourners on this earth. Let us share with you the highs and lows of our lives. Heaven is a sweeter place now that we have two beautiful granddaughters waiting there for us.

Monday, April 17, 2017

Praying for your Preschool-aged Grandchildren



One of the priorities that God has placed on my heart for this season of my life, is to pray for my children and grandchildren. It's something I can do from my chair in the den, or my bed in the middle of the night when I can't go back to sleep or in my chair on the beach back in Maui.

A great resource that I have really enjoyed is a newsletter that is sent out from Grandparenting with a Purpose

 Last week, this was the topic and I was so excited about this list I just had to share it here. So for your Preschool-aged Children or Grandchildren, pray they will:
  1. Develop a well-balanced personality.
  2. Learn problem resolution skills.
  3. Play well with others.
  4. Learn to obey quickly, and to respect authority.
  5. Explore and create without fear of failure.
  6. Develop a soft heart towards Jesus.
  7. Develop confidence and independence.
  8. Learn to control their emotions and anger.
  9. Develop an awareness of God’s love for them.
  10. Build positive friendships.
Don't you just love those ideas? I know I sure do and will be using these guidelines in the days to come!

Taken from the book, Grandparenting with a Purpose: Effective Ways to Pray for your Grandchildren, page 84. Available at www.grandparentingwithapurpose.com.

1 comment:

Anneliese said...

I love that list too! I need to go back to that book you gave me!