One of the priorities that God has placed on my heart for this season of my life, is to pray for my children and grandchildren. It's something I can do from my chair in the den, or my bed in the middle of the night when I can't go back to sleep or in my chair on the beach back in Maui.
A great resource that I have really enjoyed is a newsletter that is sent out from Grandparenting with a Purpose
Last week, this was the topic and I was so excited about this list I just had to share it here. So for your Preschool-aged Children or Grandchildren, pray they will:
- Develop a well-balanced personality.
- Learn problem resolution skills.
- Play well with others.
- Learn to obey quickly, and to respect authority.
- Explore and create without fear of failure.
- Develop a soft heart towards Jesus.
- Develop confidence and independence.
- Learn to control their emotions and anger.
- Develop an awareness of God’s love for them.
- Build positive friendships.
Taken from the book, Grandparenting with a Purpose: Effective Ways to Pray for your Grandchildren, page 84. Available at www.