BECK BULLETIN

We are on a journey, sojourners on this earth. Let us share with you the highs and lows of our lives. Heaven is a sweeter place now that we have two beautiful granddaughters waiting there for us.

Thursday, November 30, 2006

Snow, Snow and More Snow!


When we woke up Sunday morning everything was covered in a white blanket of snow and I quickly ran outside with my camera to capture this little gardener on the deck! You never know how long the snow is going to stay around here and he looked so cute with his snow hat and blanket! But I had no idea this was only the beginning.....


It snowed, and it snowed, and it snowed!!! By Sunday evening he was covered in snow(according to the weather report we received 53 cm or 21 inches of snow!) Yup, that is a lot of snow...and it didn't quit yet. It was so bad that Jamie and Megan couldn't get up our street so they had to stay overnight....but first, they needed to go buy diapers(can't do without those)! Here they are all set to take off on their winter adventure.....walking past the elementary school to the local corner store(this stretch had lots of memories for Jamie).


By Monday morning the snow had stopped for a while anyway(we got another 6 inches last night) and Dave was back outside shovelling the snow on the driveway. You can tell by the piles of snow how much we had!

Unfortunately I had to fly out of town on Monday morning for a speaking engagement and my flight was cancelled! Yikes! But after at least half an hour on the phone they were able to rebook me later in the day and a kind friend picked me up in their SUV for the drive to the airport! It was the beginning of an adventure to be sure!

My connecting flight was cancelled so I never did make it to speak on Monday evening! I had lots of opportunities to practise what I preach when I talk about choosing joy and it being a choice! Fortunately a friend stepped in and took my place that evening, and I arrived after the fact but in time to speak on Tuesday. On the way home yesterday my connecting flight was again cancelled....another long delay and time to practise choosing joy! I guess that is why my nic is Joyful.....It never felt sooooo good to be home again! Posted by Picasa

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

It's ok Dave we won't be there till the snow melts. Don't mess your back up for us. :)

Steve