BECK BULLETIN

We are on a journey, sojourners on this earth. Let us share with you the highs and lows of our lives. Heaven is a sweeter place now that we have two beautiful granddaughters waiting there for us.

Saturday, April 14, 2007

I've arrived!

Yes it is true, I am in Bangkok, Thailand and everything on my Blogger Dashboard is in Thai! Crazy I tell you! Thank you all for praying...the flights were great, and I even slept on both of them(for a little while anyway) I had two seats to myself on the Vancouver-Manila portion which was awesome and even wrote this Devotional(that I will submit when I have time) while waiting for the sunrise to finally appear!

The Journey of the Endless Night

My body tells me that it is almost noon but the darkness outside the airplane window begs to differ. We have already crossed the International Date Line and I have lost an entire day. I am reminded of the verse from Psalm 139:12, "Even the darkness is not dark to You,And the night is as bright as the day Darkness and light are alike to You.”

How often do our lives parallel this journey of the endless night. When God says ‘Go!’ we easily say “Yes, Lord, I’ll go.”. But then our journey seems to head into the darkness away from the light and the promise of a new day.

“Are you sure God? Was that really your voice I heard?”

“Is this really the direction You want me to go?”

“But it is so dark Lord. Where is the hint of the sunrise? Shouldn’t it be light by now?”

It is exactly in these times when we cry out to our Heavenly Father that He reminds us of His promise:

“If I rise on the wings of the dawn[that is before I see the light],
If I settle on the far side of the sea[this qualifies Lord as we fly somewhere over Japan],
Even there Your hand will guide me, Your right hand will hold me fast.” (Psalm 139)

It is you and me Lord, on an airplane where I stand out as the long Caucasian woman. “Why are you going to the Philippines?” they ask.

Because God told me to go.

Where are you at today my friend? Has God asked you to be a woman of faith and go into the darkness?

What fears are holding you back from following His voice today?

Say “Yes, Lord, I’ll go, “ and you will see that His hand will indeed guide you and His right Hand will hold you fast!

Lord thank you that I am not alone because you are right here beside me, and together we can face the journey of the endless night. Even here your right hand will indeed hold me fast and I am content to rest in that promise. Amen.

2 comments:

Danielle said...

Hi doris,

Glad you made it safe and sound!
I know what it feels like being the only "white" person among colored ppl. By the way... your a good writer, I enjoyed your devotional (you should do more ;) )

Danielle

Anonymous said...

Thinking about you and praying for you. So thankful that we serve a God whose presence is not restricted by anything. Absolutely nothing can separate us from His loving care.