BECK BULLETIN

We are on a journey, sojourners on this earth. Let us share with you the highs and lows of our lives. Heaven is a sweeter place now that we have two beautiful granddaughters waiting there for us.

Thursday, January 01, 2009

Happy New Year from our Winter Wonderland

Some of you may have wondered where I disappeared to, but I am alive and well and wanted to wish all of you in Blogland a very Happy New Year! New Year's Day is one of my favorite days of the year because it is reserved for sitting in PJ's and watching football with Dave all day long! But to top it all off, we woke up this morning to more snow falling.......it was so beautiful outside! Definitely a winter wonderland, but nothing new since we have been living in the land of snow for the past week!

Dave and I left in a snowstorm on Christmas Day in the morning(we literally had to be shovelled out by our neighbor and Dave) and headed north for our first Christmas with just Heather and Matt(I say first because this was so much fun it might just have to turn into a tradition of sorts). They were awesome hosts and allowed us to just relax and be totally refreshed during our week away. Heather had prayed that the weather would warm up enough that we could actually enjoy the great outdoors without freezing! And warm up it did! We were even able to go on a couple of walks down by the river...it was so beautiful out.
Since their town doesn't get a lot of wind, the snow just sits on the tree branches for days on end.


Tiks is a 'snow dog'! We commented several times that she must be part husky! She loves running, jumping, digging and burrowing into the snow. On this picture she has her 'snow face'!
We had a great trip home yesterday with blue skies for most of the way. But by the time we headed to bed, it was snowing again.....this was our view out of our bedroom window this morning! I am sure that the snow will turn to rain as it warms up today but for now, it is beautiful outside......enjoy today with your family everyone! Dave and I have been very aware over the past days that many of our friends are missing loved ones this holiday season, so cherish the days together and make wonderful memories.

6 comments:

Till the Whole World Knows said...

I am enjoying reading about your winter wonderland. From here in the tropics. Where the temperature is 25 and partly sunny.

Karin said...

I love all your snow pics! May I steal the ones without your people in them? I'd like to put them on my laptop. So glad you had a lovely, relaxing time!

Karin said...

I left you something at my blog!

Anneliese said...

Welcome back, friend! I miss walking, but I sure enjoy looking at this winter wonderland and not rushing here and there. Happy New Year!

Courtney and Jon said...

Doris, so glad you had a great time with Matt and Heather. I'm sure it was so special for just the 4 of you to be together on Christmas Day. Thanks for the photos.

Beams said...

Yes I did wonder if you had managed up to Quesnel and am so glad you did. Looks as if you had an amazing time with Heather and Matt ...and of course Tiks. I love all the beautiful snow pictures!